Food and Beverages Manufacturing Levy Paying Companies (Large, Medium and Small) are required to submit applications for the Mandatory Grants for the period 2018/2019 on or before the 30th April 2018 deadline. Applications for mandatory grants must be submitted via the FoodBev SETA online application system.
On an annual basis the FoodBev SETA will publish the required submission deadline and supply the required WSP, ATR, PIVOTAL training plans and reports to employers with due consideration for submission deadlines.
Phase 1: Appointment of Skills Development Facilitator
New SDFs need to register on the FoodBev SETA (INDICIUM) system and upload the SDF appointment/ confirmation letter. The newly appointed SDF must upload the “SDF letter of appointment” on the company letterhead on MIS System.
- The letter of appointment should contain the newly appointed SDFs contact details, ID number and confirmation that they have been appointed by the entity as the SDF.
- The letter should be signed by the manager of the SDF of the entity or delegated authority to appoint an SDF in the organisation
The Skills Development Facilitator can be registered as a primary or a secondary SDF for one company. The Primary SDF has all SDF rights however the secondary SDF’s rights are limited to capturing reports and view only (i.e. cannot submit WSP reports on behalf of the organisation).
SDF is responsible for the following:
- To add/register any new clients onto their SDF dashboard
- Uploading the SDF appointment letter
HOW TO REGISTER AS A SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (SDF)
- Step 1: Go to http://www.http://indicium.foodbev.co.za/Account/Login.aspx
- Step 2: Click on ‘Register as a new SDF’ on the login screen
- Step 3: Fully complete your personal and contact details as required and press the ‘save and proceed’ button
- Step 4: Add the relevant SDL number (follow step as indicated)
- Step 5: Upload the SDF appointment letter (follow step as indicated)
- Step 6: Notification Letter with Username and Password will be sent to applicant
- Step 7: Generated SDF Approval letter will be sent
Once a letter has been uploaded, the SDF registration will be approved by Skills Planning Department and a system generated approval letter sent to the SDF.
Change of SDF:
The SDF must register online and upload the SDF appointment letter. The letter must indicate that the SDF is replacing the previous SDF and must be authorised by manager of the SDF of the entity, or delegated authority to appoint a SDF in the organisation.
The company is responsible to notify FoodBev SETA upon appointment of a new SDF. The new SDF thereafter must register online. Any queries with uploading the SDF appointment letter should be directed to the Grants Administrator by email (email@example.com)
FoodBev SETA needs to accept the company’s registration and grant access to the relevant SDF of the specific employer, before the company will be able to complete the Mandatory Grant submission (ATR/WSP).
PHASE 2: ACCESSING THE ANNEXURE 2 FORM
1. CAPTURING THE WSP-ATR DATA
The SDF can access Indicium from the FBS website (www.foodbev.co.za), on the home page
- Employers are required to submit the Mandatory Grant application (Annexure 2) electronically (online),
- To access mandatory grant application forms – use the “Financial year 2017” button and complete all forms.
- Please note that forms for planning and reporting do not have separate buttons. All forms are under the Mandatory Grant Application Forms 2017/18.
- Employers can submit the annexure 2 using bulk upload.
- Once the WSP-ATR data has been submitted on Indicium, no further changes can be made on the system.
- FoodBev SETA will not accept hard copy or manual grant submissions,
2. SUBMISSION CYCLE
The Annual Training Report (ATR) is a follow-up on the WSP, as it reports on the education and training interventions that were delivered in the previous year. The ATR and Pivotal Report must reflect all training conducted:
- Conducted Internally, or Externally
- ATR – 1 Jan 2017 – 30 Dec 2017
- Click here to download the OFO Codes Version 2017
The Workplace Skills Plan describes the main skills development activities that are planned for the upcoming year and must reflect all planned training
- The WSP and Pivotal Plan must reflect all planned training
- Internally or Externally Planned for 1 Jan 2018 – 30 Dec 2018
- Click hereto download the OFO Codes Version 15
3. LINKING OF ORGANISATIONS – CONSOLIDATED APPLICATION
Organisations with more than one SDL number can submit a consolidated Mandatory Grant Application to report all the organisations rather than submit a separate application for each organisation.
- The SDF needs to ensure that all organisations are identified and linked to the mother organisation.
- An employer must submit a consolidated application for a number of subsidiary organisations. Click here to download the guide on how to use the link
An Employer must:
- Submit a request form to link the organisation to FoodBev SETA Skills Planning Department before the submission date (30 April),
- Subsidiary organisations are linked for the current financial year.
- Skills development levy contributions can still be contributed to each SDL number and once the mother organisation is approved, Mandatory Grants will be paid to all SDL numbers that have contributed.
- SDF must indicate which banking details to be used to pay out to the linked companies by submitting the letter from the bank.
- De-linking can only be effected after payment cycle
4. DOCUMENT UPLOADS
- The employer must provide the following supporting documentation which must be submitted together with the Mandatory grant application:
- For existing companies – the company must submit a Bank stamped letter or cancelled cheque confirming banking details
- For new companies – the company must submit an original Bank stamped letter confirming banking details or an original cancelled cheque
- Authorisation and Stakeholder support declaration with all of the required authorised signatures.
- Proof of training must be submitted (Uploaded) for evaluation of application. – (only send proof per course/learning programme completed)
- Complete change of banking details for employers who have changed their banking details. (It is the company’s responsibility to inform FBS regarding change of banking details)
5. SUBMITTING THE MANDATORY GRANT APPLICATION
- To submit your applications please click the “submit” button on the main page once you have completed all the forms.
- A system generated acknowledgment letter will be sent to the primary SDF.
- The application status will be on submitted, until the validation and evaluation processes are completed.
PHASE 3: EVALUATION
The evaluation process of the WSPs/ATRs and PIVOTAL Plans/Reports will be finalised within 90 days after the submission due date.
Companies that have submitted the mandatory grant applications with outstanding information and have met minimum requirements for compliance may be contacted to submit the outstanding information to ensure compliance within the time approved by the Accounting Authority
- If any part of the document is incomplete or incorrect we will notify the SDF/Employer at our earliest convenience. Insufficient detail or errors on these applications need to be corrected and resubmitted to Skills Planning Department (FBS) before the application can be submitted to the Board/Delegate for approval.
- System generated Referral letter for the Annexure 2 will be sent to the primary SDF.
- If the resubmission of documents is not received within the evaluation phase, the application will be regarded as a late submission, rejected and the employer will forfeit their grant payment.
- A system generated Reject letter for the Annexure 2 will be sent to the primary SDF,
- The application status will be changed to Referred or Rejected after the evaluation processes are completed.
- Copy of these letters will be available on the relevant employers file on Indicium under the section ‘Client relationship Management’
PHASE 4: APPROVAL OF ANNEXURE 2
The successful evaluated outcomes and the mandatory grant applications will be submitted to the Accounting Authority for approval.
- Once after Accounting Authority Approval, the Skills Planning Manager will change the status to Approved.
- System generated Approval letter for the Annexure 2 will be sent to the primary SDF
PHASE 5: PAYMENT
FoodBev SETA shall pay the mandatory grant (20%) to the successful mandatory grant applicant on a quarterly basis.
The following documents must be completed and submitted electronically on the FoodBev SETA Indicium System which is accessible from the website
DEADLINES AND EXTENSIONS
- An application for Annexure 2 (mandatory grants) must be submitted by 30 April 2018 for the 2019/2020 financial year
- An extension of up to a maximum of one month from the date contemplated in sub-regulation (2) of Skills Development Act (SDA) may be granted by the Board/Delegate.
- Request for Extension form must be submitted to the SETA on or before the 15th of April 2018. (Any application received after the 15th of April will not be considered). Click here to download the form
- The applications will be submitted to Board/Delegate for approval and applicant will be notified of the outcome.
- Only employers that have been granted an extension will have access to the Indicium system to submit Annexure 2.